Barnwood Arms will facilitate the transfer of firearms from other Federal Firearms License (FFL) holders to our members and customers. We ask that you use the following procedures to make the transfer as smooth as possible.
1. Come into Barnwood Arms and fill out our FFL transfer form and pay the transfer fee.
2. Have the transferring FFL send an email to email@example.com including the following information:
a. Your name and contact information including your email address and phone number. (We will need this to get in touch with you when your firearm is ready to be transferred to you)
b. Information on the firearm being transferred including: make, model and serial number.
c. A copy of the selling dealer’s Federal Firearms License.
3. We will promptly respond to that dealer and exchange the required information including a copy of our Federal Firearms License.
4. We encourage you to get a tracking number for your firearm from the shipping dealer. Barnwood Arms can accept no responsibility for tracking shipments.
5. Once Barnwood Arms has received your firearm, we will need to have you come in to do your California DROS paperwork and background check so that we can start your ten-day wait. You will need to provide state issued identification with your current address at the time the 4473 is completed. The background check fee is $35 and we will collect that fee at the time the background check is entered into the DOJ system.
6. Barnwood Arms charges a fee for conducting the transfer which requires significant time and record keeping. This fee is $100 for the first firearm and $50 per additional firearm. We are also required by the State of California to collect sales tax on the purchase amount of the firearm, if purchased out of state. A receipt must be provided showing the purchase amount.
7. The firearm must be California approved. It is the responsibility of the customer to know this. If the firearm is not, it will have to be shipped back to the selling dealer at the customer’s expense.
Upon successful completion of the background check and payment of the transfer fees, the firearm will be transferred to you.