If you are purchasing a firearm, please check your documentation. We will not be able to sell you a firearm without proper identification!
YOU WILL NEED: A California Drivers License or a California Identification card. (NO
passports) The License or ID card must:
- Be current and valid (not expired or withdrawn)
- Have your current residential address (where you live, NO PO Box)
- Spelling must be accurate on both your name and address
Acceptable State required proof of residency. (Needed for the purchase of a handgun.)
- PG&E bill
- Home Phone (not cell) bill
- Lease agreement
- Property tax bill
- Mortgage bill
- Car / Motorcycle registration
- Expose Carry Guard Card
- Utility Bill (MID, TID, SSJID, etc.)
- Direct TV
- Comcast TV
- Dish Network
***If your Drivers License or Identification card has the INCORRECT address listed or a PO Box, you will need additional documentation to correct the address on your
License/ID. THIS IS NOT THE STATE REQUIRED PROOF OF RESIDENCY.
Acceptable forms included (MUST BE GOVERNMENT ISSUE):
- Valid DMV Registration
- DMV Information Request Form
- Medical Examiners Card
- Aviation Card
- Valid Hunting License
- Valid YEARLY Fishing License (No one or two day)
- CCW Permit
- City Utility Bill (i.e., City of Ripon, City of Modesto, City of Escalon)
- Property Tax bill
All forms of documentation must have the correct spelling of your name and address!
They must be valid, not expired.
**Disclaimer** DMV Change of Address cards (brown DL43 card) or a utility bill that is
NOT government issue will no longer be accepted by ATF for an address correction!!!